Here you can find an overview of the most frequently asked questions.
What is DeFiChain?
DeFi stands for Decentralized Finance. It describes the idea removing the trusted third-party to execute financial services, with a blockchain in its place to enable people, and in the future, machines to become their own bank for these services, removing counterparty risks.
Here you can find the actual overview of the DeFiChain ecoystem.
Why not use the Bitcoin blockchain?
The Bitcoin blockchain was created for a single specific financial service – the decentralized and censorship-resistant store of value used as a medium of exchange, and perhaps a unit of account in the future. It does this better than other blockchains. However, beyond that, it lacks technical capabilities necessary for the infrastructure of other DeFi services.
Why not use the Ethereum blockchain?
Ethereum was meant to be a general purpose platform. In principle, one could do anything with Ethereum, rendering it the jack of all trades but master of none. Problems such as the DAO and parity hack reveal the challenge to keep smart contracts secure, due to their general, universal, and Turing-complete nature.
DEX Fee Structures
Detailed Information on the DEX fee structure you can find here.
Where can I find answers to my questions in the DFI-Community?
As there are many scammers in the crypto space, you need legit places where you can go with your questions. The following list contains the main telegram channels around defichain. Most of them are moderated. But still beware of scammers: Mostly scammers try to contact you via private messaging. So please, ignore private messages in the channels!
- https://t.me/defiblockchain_DE DACH (german speaking) DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defiblockchain International (english speaking) DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defiblockchain_IT Italian DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/official_defichain_es Spanish DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defiblockchain_FR French DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/DeFiChainSwitzerland Switzerland DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defichain_ru Russian DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defichain_ZH Chinese DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/defiblockchain_TR Turkey-DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions
- https://t.me/DFXswiss DFX-Swiss-channel for topics around DFX-Swiss (german speaking)
- https://t.me/mydefichain Discussions about masternodes (english speaking)
- https://t.me/CakeDeFi_DE Discussions for topics concerning CAKE (german speaking)
- https://t.me/CakeDeFi_DE_announcements Announcement channel for CAKE (german speaking - read only)
- https://t.me/defichain_ankundigung Announcement channel for DeFiChain (german speaking - read only)
- https://t.me/DFXinfo Announcement channel for DFX-Swiss (german speaking - read only)
- https://t.me/DFI_cfp_election_bot CFP-election bot (shows you the current votings for CFPs and DFIPs)
- https://t.me/DeFiChainPromo Channel for marketing topics (english speaking)
- https://t.me/defi_accelerator Channel for accelerator topics (Marketing-Team / english speaking)
- https://t.me/+QjhSf6bQT2tiNjAy Channel for tax-discussions (target-group: DACH-users / german speaking)
- https://t.me/dfi_tax Channel for the DFI.tax-Tool (german speaking)
- https://t.me/defichainincome Channel for discussions around defichain-income.com (german & english mixed)
- https://t.me/jellywallet_en Channel for discussion concerning the JellyWebWallet (english speaking)
- https://t.me/DeFiChain_NFTs Channel for discussions from DeFiChainNFTs (english speaking)
- https://t.me/DeFiChainNFTs_GER Channel for discussions from DeFiChainNFTs (german speaking)
- https://t.me/javliscom Information from the JAVLIS-team
- https://t.me/defichain_lottery DeFiChain lottery
- https://t.me/DFSneo_de Information from the DFS-neo-team (service not live yet)
- https://t.me/defiblockchain_TR DeFiChain Turkey, DFI-channel for general DFI-discussions (turkish speaking)
- https://t.me/defichain_community_kalender DeFiChain Kalender (German speaking)
- https://twitter.com/defichain Main DeFiChain Twitter account
- https://twitter.com/cakedefi CakeDeFi
- https://twitter.com/defichainac DeFiChain-Accelerator-Team
- https://twitter.com/DeFiChainInfo DeFiChain-Info
- https://twitter.com/DFX_Swiss DFX-Swiss
- https://twitter.com/DeFiChainPromo DeFiChain-Promo
- https://twitter.com/DefichainTR DeFiChain Turkey
- https://twitter.com/DeFiChainHU DeFiChain Hungary
- https://twitter.com/DeFiSeedFinder DeFi Seed Finder - planned project for funding for-profit companies
- https://twitter.com/DFSneo DFS Neo - Trading Service for dAssets
Reddit also offers the possibility to discuss topics and ask questions. The structure of Reddit allows a more focussed discussion on a special topic than a Telegram-chat. You can find the DeFiChain-community by clicking the following link
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain.germany/?hl=de German
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain.official/ International
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain_ita/ Italian
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain.info/ Community-project DeFiChain.Info
- https://www.instagram.com/dfx.swiss/ DFX.Swiss
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain_accelerator/ DeFiChain-Accelerator-Team
- https://www.instagram.com/cakedefi/ CakeDeFi
- https://www.instagram.com/defichain.tr/ DeFiChain Turkey
- https://www.youtube.com/c/DeFiChain DeFiChain (englisch) ->> NewsShow every Wednesday
- https://www.youtube.com/c/DeFiChainDE DeFiChain (deutsch) --> NewsShow jeden Mittwoch
- https://www.youtube.com/c/DefiChainInfo DeFiChain Info