Dual setup (App + Node)
Draft for Dual Setup
- Download the latest App version and Ain version from: ...
- Start the App and wait till the full sync has finished (You can speed up this process by downloading a blockchain snapshot: ...)
- Close the App after the synchronization has finished
- Create a copy of the `.defi` folder. Eg: `cp -r .defi .defi-node` (Note: This folder contains the whole blockchain and requires a lot of space!)
- Edit the `defi.conf` in the new .defi folder
- change the rpcport to an unused port, eg: `rpcport=8553`
- add the bind command and use an unused port: eg: `bind=0.0.0.0:8554`
- update the walletdir, so that it points to the new directory: eg: `walletdir=/home/user/.defi_node`
- Start the node with the `datadir` option. Eg: `./defid -datadir=/home/user/.defi_node`
- Start the app
- Congrats! The App (with an integrated node) and separate node are now running simultaneously
- You can use this setup to run as many nodes as you like!
- This can be useful if u like to have separate nodes for anchors/masternodes/different wallets