NFTs have entered the DeFiChain community with Punks and Jellyfishs. Numerous Telegram and Twitter users now use such an NFT as a profile picture, for example. This page serves as a guide to teach the basics about these NFT images:
What is an NFT?
- NFT stands for "Non Fungible Token" which means that it cannot be replaced or exchanged as it has unique properties.
- It is a certificate of ownership for a digital file.
How is an NFT different from a cryptocurrency?
- Money and cryptocurrencies are "fungible," meaning they can be traded or exchanged for each other. They also have the same value - a dollar is always worth another dollar; a bitcoin is always equal to another bitcoin. The fungibility of cryptocurrencies makes them a trusted means of conducting transactions on the blockchain.
- NFTs are different. Each punk has its own digital signature, which makes it impossible for NFTs to be exchanged for each other or be equivalent (therefore, they are not fungible).
Where and how are they managed?
- Most NFTs are located on the Ethereum blockchain. NFTs are individual tokens that store information. Since they have a value that is primarily determined by the market and demand, they can be bought and sold like other physical artworks.
What are NFTs used for?
- Blockchain technology and NFTs offer artists and content creators a unique way to market their products. For example, artists no longer have to rely on galleries or auction houses to sell their art.
- The unique data of NFTs makes it easy to verify and validate their ownership and the transfer of tokens between owners.
Listing and linking of available DeFiChain NFT offers as well as their providers:
|NFT||example||provider on Telegram||provider on Twitter|
|DeFiChain Jelly Punks||@DefiChainNFTs||@DeFiChainNFTs|
NFT on OpenSea
OpenSea's help page is located at: https://support.opensea.io/hc/en-us.
Create an account
With Getting Started you get to know different functions and possibilities on OpenSea. The three necessary steps to create your account are listed below as a link:
- What crypto wallets can I use with OpenSea Since the rights to NFTs are stored on the ETH blockchain, it requires a wallet on OpenSea to buy and sell NFTs. The Metamask wallet is recommended as a browser extension. Unfortunately, the Metamask extension is not available for the Safari browser. Safari users can use the Coinbase wallet.
- How do I create an OpenSea account? In short, you need a wallet (see point 1. above) with an Ethereum address and ETH on it, and then the OpenSea account is created in a flip of a wrist.
- How do I transfer ETH from Ethereum to Polygon? Once you have your account with linked wallet, the almost most important point follows. Since the punks are anchored on the Polygon blockchain, the fees (gas-fee) can be saved from the ETH blockchain. However, this only works if the ETH are switched to wETH (wrapped-ETH) on the Polygon blockchain.
Paying with DFI?
Why - why not? On OpenSea you can't pay directly with DFI, but on Telegram you can write to the provider and manually handle the purchase in DFI with them.
Create punks individually
Beside the ready made punks on OpenSea there is the possibility to create your own punk and order it from me. On Github the corresponding service is offered. Try it out!
Earn money with Jellyfish
Are you interested in getting regular DFI with an NFT? On Github there is a corresponding offer. By buying a Defichain Jellyfish you acquire a share in a Masternode and get paid for its Staking-Reward.